Monday, February 3, 2014

The Anti-Banana Club

HELLO!

Today it is snowing, and we had a snow day, which I absolutely adore, because, well, duh... SNOW DAY! However, it is sort of good that I'm home from school today because I'm a trifle sick. Not really the kind of sick worth staying home for, but the kind of sniffly awful annoying sick. I honestly sniffle every four seconds. I don't like complaining, but... complain. :(

If you've read theemmiethatstrulylegit.blogspot.com, you'll know that she wrote a similar post, also called The Anti-Banana Club. Using Emmie's "privacy coded" names, I'm going to tell sort of a second-hand account of it.

   As a sixth grader, I now have... let me see (counts silently on fingers)... I think seven best friends? No joke; I'm very friendfully diverse (score! just made up a word). Anyway, I had only had about three best friends in fourth grade: Emmie, Dodi, and Blaffo. I was very versatile and willing to play with whatever friends my friends wanted to play with as well. One day, Emmie and I were playing box-ball (or four-square, however you would like to call the concrete game where you bounce a kickball back and fourth to each other in a chalk-drawn square with four boxes), and her best friend Blonko had come along. We were playing with her in the little raised concrete where the kids liked to play wall ball. We were lucky they weren't playing today. :)   Anyway, we were always quirky; basically, most of my friends are quirky. I wouldn't necessarily like to say weird (which, we accurately can be considered), because I find that people often associate "weird" with "strange". We're fun ... unique... different. So, "weird" as we were, Emmie, Blonko and I were coming up with a commercial for the "Neon Black" t-shirt and "Neon Emmie", sort of play-on words to joke about how neon everything sold was, the trend that lasted for about three months.
   I grew to like Blonko, and the three of us made a club protesting the consumption of bananas: The Anti-Banana Club. It was genius! Well, to us, it was. The lunchman, Pepsi, happened to be an amazing artist and made posters for kids with cartoon characters and their names on it. So, the three of us practically BEGGED him to make an Anti-Banana poster for us. "Alright," he said. "But I have a lot of other requests, so it might take a couple weeks." Eventually, a couple weeks turned into a couple of months, and eventually he forgot. We waited until the end of fourth grade, and as summer engulfed us in its fun in the sun, we forgot too.
   And we never got that poster.

3 comments: