Saturday, February 1, 2014

Singers You Should See Now!

Who she is: Regina Spektor
Her genre of music: Upbeat indie rock
Why I like her: She has the most amazing vocal range and I love her music. She is also an incredibly skilled piano player, and all her music varies.
Recommended songs: Eet, You've Got Time*, Ne Me Quitte Pas, The Calculation

*mostly known as the theme song from popular Netflix drama "Orange Is The New Black"




Who she is: Ingrid Michaelson
Her genre of music: Indie, relaxed ukulele music
Why I like her: Ingrid definitely inspired me to play ukelele, which I love. She comes up with some genius ideas, and like Regina Spektor, she has variety of songs, so many people would like her.
Recommended Songs: Fire, You and I, Be OK, Black and Blue





Who they are: Vampire Weekend
Their genre of music: unique "surfer boy" music
Why I like them: They are so cool, and I honestly think the songs that they write are ingenious.
Recommended Songs: A-Punk, Unbelievers, Diane Young

4 comments:

  1. I love all three of these singers! have you heard folding chair by Regina Spektor? Sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete