Friday, February 14, 2014

Embarrassing Poems From my Third Grade Notebook

Enjoy my current misery.

Bored!

When will this
Dumb
Test be
Over?
That last poem,
called
Test,
Well,
This is the sequel,
I guess.
It's not even
A real
Test!
It's one of those
Dumb
Field Tests,
Where they just
Try out questions
On you
For the next
(Field)
Test.


Halloween

Halloween!
Yes, Halloween,
my favorite holiday.

The
hershey bars
the milkyways
and gum
the thrills
the fun!

The
haunted house
preperation
meet
but when the
tricker-treaters
come,
they yelled at us
oh, why, oh me!?

My dad
forgot the candy!


This is one of the poems I wrote to Alexandria (see entry below) during our Third Grade "Giraffy" Fight. Enjoy...

Why?

My feelings
Are smashed
Are crushed
Are broken
When my friends
Fight,
they make all sorts
of drama.
And when it fills
The room
It strikes me
And starts tingling
My fingertips
It runs up through
My arms
Up in my chest
Until it hits my
Mouth.
And I want to
Say something
But
No words
Come
Out.


And then I tried some supposedly "creative" "word poems." *Sigh*...

Hollywood

   o
         wood
Ho  
         wood
  o
Holly
Holly
Hollywood.


Marker

Mark
   a
Marker,
Mark!















No comments:

Post a Comment