Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Why You Are Here (Why ARE you here?) & the Story of This Blog

I have a rather... unique... sense of originality. You see, I'm one of those "easily inspired" people; you know, I go to an Alexander McQueen or King Tut exhibit, and the second I get home I want to dig a tomb or start a fashion line. So what I do -- most of the time, anyway -- is I create my own original ideas based off of other people's original idea. This is why this blog started. Well it started for three reasons, mainly:

   1) I am an avid reader, so therefore, I love to write. Anything I can do to expose my writing to others would be super cool.
   2) I've always wanted to start a blog. Has this happened to you, or is it just me: I get these weird feelings sometimes when I'm bored that I HAVE to do something creative. I just feel sort of average when I don't. I don't know. I'm weird.
   3) This would be where the inspiration kicks in: My good friend (and reading buddy!) Phoebe (whom I call Pa-ha-o-b-e) has started this AMAZING BLOG that kicked off in mid/late 2013. It's called Nerd Alert- you should read it!- and she writes reviews of different books. She is probably the main reason I have started this blog.

Anyway, I have a serious case called "UFSOCDS"- Un-finished Story on Computer Desktop Syndrome. It's this thing where I start stories on my computer on Pages or Microsoft Word or whatever, and then a new idea comes along and I just start working on another story. I practically promise myself to stay committed to a piece I'm working on, but then I just get engulfed in the anxiety that I will forget this FANTABULOUS IDEA NESTING IN MY BRAIN.

I never do forget it.

I recently started this memoir-ish book about embarrassing and silly things that happened in my early years (Joke's on you- I'm only in 6th grade!). I thought I could post that. But just so you don't get bored with me (which you will), I'm going to post a review on something each week: books, movies, plays... stuff like that.

Now I will go and say the most clichéd thing said at the end of an essay/entry/story EVER:
I hope you enjoy my blog!

           Sincerely,
            Ella Jane
            Troubles of a Bookworm

2 comments:

  1. Hola eeeeellaa! wow you're a crazy good writer. how do you do it? i can hear your voice in every one of the entries. my favorite is sandals and sneakers; i personally think you were right. how would she know what kind of shoes everybody wore? that logic challenge didn't have a logical answer. (by the way, it's FEEE-BEE not pay-ha-oh-ha-ee readers of bookworm troubles) :) see you around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much FEEE-BEE! Thank you for being an inspiration. :)

      Delete