Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Review Time! #1: Flowers for Algernon

REVIEW TIME!

For some unknown reason, I've always enjoyed writing book reports. Every other kid I've known up until about two years ago has never really enjoyed reading, so book reports were out of the picture. Me? I wrote them even outside of school.
   Anyway, I promised I would do a review of a book or movie or play, so, here it is!

Summary 30-something year old Charlie has never been… smart. When a chance to undergo a surgery that may actually be able to improve his I.Q. comes up, he can't resist. Charlie's teachers, surgeons, and psychologists are making him write "progress reports," which are basically just logs of his daily life.  The interesting thing about this book is you are able to see his writing, grammar, and thoughts improve throughout the progress reports. Read to see how he deals with the results of his surgery, and you will feel as anxious, excited, and confused as Charlie.

You would like it if you've read A Wrinkle in Time, The Fault in Our Stars, Wonder, Out of My Mind, This is What Happy Looks Like

Good for Ages 12+ (I honestly think even adults would love it)

   So, comment! Should I do more reviews? Please write requests on books, plays, or movies, I should review next!

1 comment:

  1. i have a request: what's a movie you think everyone in the entire world should see?-phoebe

    ReplyDelete