Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Halloween

I know that Halloween is very far away, but I just wanted to share with you that it is one of my favorite holidays. If you're gonna say, "IT'S NOT A HOLIDAY!!!! WAH WAH WAH WAHHHHHH" like a little baby, no you're wrong: a holiday does NOT have to be religious. Therefore, Halloween is a holiday :)

Anyway, I know I haven't posted a "blast from the past" post in a while, so here you go….


   Have you ever seen a little three year old girl in a princess costume just walking around with her dad or mom or something? I did that until I was six. SIX (sometimes I wore it at home in my sevens, but obviously I was too much of a grown-up to wear it to school.) I would just go to preschool in a Belle outfit from Beauty and the Beast because I felt like it. Actually, my favorite was the Snow White costume, but I always loved the floor-length dress of the Belle costume.
   To me there was always some element of ingenuity to it- some creative outlet in being someone else. Plus, every princess was my ABSOLUTE IDOL. I remember once I went to Disney World for my fourth birthday, and these princesses just blew me out of the water. I was soooo happy!!!! Although Ariel was my favorite of the princesses (I dressed up as her for three years in a row. Also, my little best friend Snicky and I were matching. Just so you know, her name is not actually Snicky. That, my friends, would cause some bullying for her and some definite concern for her parent's mental stability.). Anywho (who the heck says anywho??), I felt so uncomfortable around Ariel. She was stroking my hair and kept flicking her fin up and down like her feet were itchy, and called me Kitty Kat because I was wearing a sweatshirt that day with the candy bar Kit Kat on it. Also, I loved Cinderella, but the line to meet her was an hour-and-a-half long, but my parents were willing to wait with me because it was my birthday. My twin brother also got to meet the Power Rangers shortly before, and he was amazed at their awesomeness. However, he was totally UNWILLING to wait with me on the Cinderella. I have the funniest picture of us finally getting to meet her- a big grin was plastered on my face, and my brother was dramatically frowning. We were both holding her hands. I looked like the happiest four year old alive. Let's just say that my brother looked the opposite.
   ANNNNYYYWAY I'm getting wayyy off topic (excuse my ADD-ness). So, for the love of chocolate, let me continue.
   I bet if I asked you, "If you could be anyone else in this world, who would it be?", you would probably name some A-List celebrity or poet or someone like that. But on Halloween, the options are ENDLESS!!!! A zombie! Elsa from Frozen (loooove her hair- rocking the french braid Elsa)! A drying machine! Pac Man! It's the one day when you can be LITERALLY ANYTHING YOU WANT to be.
  Okay, because I don't have that many blog readers, I don't really care, but if you can, PLEASE COMMENT with what you were for Halloween the last time you dressed up! I was a crazy wig person with a group of friends. Rainbow Wig Swag....


And that, my lovelies, concludes our blast from the past. :)
 

4 comments:

  1. My favorite halloween costume EVER was either my Medusa costume or my Snoopy costume :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Halloween I was the Tin Man, in a Wizard of Oz group, but I did the whole princess thing until I was like 9. (Not counting 7, as I was a witch, and only until 8 if Tinkerbell doesn't count)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been so many things. Once I was the eiffel tower and I had a hat that made me seven feet tall, and then once I was a pop tart and there was a little hole in the outfit so if you squeezed me grape jelly would come out. It was pretty strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, but the pop tart costume sounds pretty awesome, I think.

      Delete